Sat 02.04.16. The Weekend Press published a full page CERA notice. The CERA notice avoided mentioning CERA's hydra legacy:
* CERA's 5 years' post quake meddling in Christchurch City Council affairs, like putting a stooge observer into Council meetings & trying to get Council to speed up consents processing.
* CERA trying to force Council to sell its lucrative assets like Lyttelton Port & Christchurch Airport to pay for NZ govt's / CERA's expensive Blueprint precincts. Council's City Care maintenance company pertained.
* CERA doing nothing about ECAN stooges, NZ govt appointed commissioners usurping former elected ECAN, causing Canterbury water affairs to go down the gurgler, dairy farmers intensifying on Canterbury Plains, unsuitable for such farming.
* CERA doing nothing about MOE's closures & mergers of post quake Canterbury schools.
* CERA doing nothing about EQC's ineptitude, EQC still fobbing off over cap $100 000 house repairs to insurers, more than 5 years post quakes.
* EQC's ineptitude, 1 000s of faulty under cap $100 000 house repairs, especially house foundation repairs needing to be remediated by EQC's contractors.
* CERA's slow beginning of CERA's Blueprint anchor projects, like Convention Centre, 35 000 seater roofed Stadium. Metro Sports Facility; all of which to date were vast demolition sites, leaving the CERA occupied CBD a fence cordoned mess.
* CERA's bread & circuses in the form of red zone quake walks to ruined Christchurch Cathedral, red zone bus tours, Restart Cashel Mall, revamped Hagley cricket oval, Margaret Mahy Family Playground, new Bus Exchange on Council land.
* CERA's monstrous Blueprint, Justice & Emergency Services bldg between Lichfield St & Tuam St, stuffing cops, courts, corrections, fire & ambulance services & Civil Defence in one precinct.
* Christchurch Cathedral ruin was still fence cordoned in Cathedral Sq. CERA did nothing to stop meddling ex politicians Burdon, Anderton & heritage fanatics from delaying the Anglican diocese rebuild of Christchurch Cathedral.
* Cathedral Sq: Central Library rebuild not done yet. Rydges Hotel & Millennium Hotel were still closed. Part demolished, asbestos riddled BNZ was still closed & graffiti messed. Novotel & Ibis Hotel. Hereford St were for sale, as CERA's Cathedral Sq was all but abandoned.
* Insurers' slow claims settlements.
* SCIRT's incompleted & shoddy road repairs.
* CERA's land grab, acquisition or taking of 7 000+ red zone, residential properties & scores of CBD commercial properties for CERA's 20 odd Blueprint projects like the CBD East Frame. To date NZ govt / CERA had not mentioned what it would do with all the red zone, residential property & red zone, commercial property it land grabbed. Would a lot of the land would end up owned by local Ngai Tahu tribe, bosom buddy of NZ National govt.
Five years post quakes, CERA's legacy not only included the above mess, but hydra buds, forming more obscuring bureaucracy, interfering in Christchurch Council affairs. The notice read:
Te Mana Haumanu ki Waitaha
THE CANTERBURY EARTHQUAKE
RECOVERY AUTHORITY COMES TO AN
END ON MONDAY 18 APRIL 2016
CERA was established by the Government to lead and coordinate the region's recovery in the wake of the devastating earthquakes of September 2010 and February 2011.
This short-term organisation was given a five-year lifespan and will be formally disestablished on Monday 18 April 2016.
In October last year the Transition Recovery Plan was publically released which explained where some of CERA's functions would move to and which ones would be wound down. That transition started in December last year when the first of CERA's functions were taken over by other Government agencies.
The Transition Recovery Plan is published here www.cera,govt.nz/transition and physical copies are available to read at Christchurch Libraries.
What you need to know
The agencies that inherit CERA's functions will be the contact points of information once CERA office is closed.
Regenerate Christchurch is a new joint Crown-Council entity which will oversee the long term development and enhancement of the central city, Christchurch's residential red zone and New Brighton. It will do this by engaging with communities, stakeholders and decision makers. [Council played second fiddle to Regenerate Christchurch padded with govt stooges].
Otakaro Limited is a new Crown company established to deliver key anchor projects and precincts in Christchurch and manage any potential future sale of Crown owned land in the central city. [Dispose of NZ govt's / CERA's land grab]. www.otakaroltd.co.nz
Land Information New Zealand (LINZ)
On 1 December 2015 LINZ inherited the remaining responsibility for:
* Demolitions and clearing of Crown Owned property in the residential red zone.
* Maintenance of Crown owned land in the residential red zone.
LINZ will not be making decisions about the longer-term use of the residential red zone.
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)
On 1 December 2015 MBIE took over responsibility for:
* The remaining residential rebuild work, including finding solutions for emerging residential rebuild issues and monitoring the pace and rate of insurance settlements.
* Analysing progress of the rebuild, providing procurement advice, and informing and engaging with the construction market.
Ministry of Health / Canterbury District Health Board
On 1 December 2015 the Ministry of Health, working closely with the Canterbury DBH, took on some additional leadership responsibilities for coordinating psychosocial health work.
On 1 March 2015 they took responsibility for monitoring and reporting on community well being.
Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
On 1 March 2015 the Greater Christchurch Group, a business unit within the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC) was established). The Group's responsibilities include:
* Providing policy advice to Ministers and Government on the regeneration of greater Christchurch,
including the future uses of the Christchurch residential red zone.
* Monitoring and reporting on the overall progress of regeneration.
* Part funding and jointly governing repairs to horizontal infrastructure such as roads and
* Administering the new Greater Christchurch Regeneration Bill.
CERA's website www.cera.govt.nz will be archived for general reference and can be found through the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet's website www.dpmc.govt.nz from 18 April 2016.
However, for all inquiries and up-to-date information please phone the appropriate inheriting agency.
Acting Chief Executive
Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority"
Ombler took over CERA after former CERA boss Sutton resigned under a female staff abuse cloud.
CERA didn't say that most of the CBD rebuild after 5 years & rebuild elsewhere after 5 years (new residential developments, shops & offices) was done by the private sector, not CERA.
After CERA was disestablished on 18.04.16 into the above govt tentacles, CERA documents, websites, internet connections were absorbed into a CERA Document Archive, ceraarchive.dpmc.govt.nz managed by the Dept of the Prime Minister & Cabinet. So all my CERA links on my blog received a "CERA has been disestablished" link, referring readers to the Dept of the Prime Minister & Cabinet. That amounted to state censorship where former CERA links, like media releases & CERA reports, were available on the internet, but were henceforth blocked by state censors, er archivists.
Copyright Mark JS Esslemont.
See CERA's / CCDU's Blueprint Projects & Precincts, including Bus Exchange.
See Christchurch Our National Disgrace (National Business Review).